Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Spring is here and so are my roses

This is the time of year I do get fairly excited. It’s the time of year that even my illness has a hard time keeping me down. I do have to be wary of neighbors fertilizing and ‘pesticiding’ and fabric ‘softenerizing’ but I love being outside, I love growing things, and I love my tiny roses.  I saved them from certain death a couple of years ago from the local grocery.  Valentines Day was over and nobody received these lovely’s as a gift so these were drying out and marked down to .99 and 1.99.  I bought 4.   #3 is a mini yellow barely budding and  #4 had a hard winter but survived, these two will be featured at a later date.  They are fighters and I know they will put out some beautiful flower soon.  These guys however, loved the oak tree leaf mulch that I left on until just about 10 days ago.  They are amazing.

I also inherited a “Red Hot Poker” from my Aunt Dorothy.  You can literally watch this thing grow.

I am so sad that I sold my Rebel XT and never replaced.  I am forced to use the tag-along family Kodak. So, here are the pics  of my beauties.  I am also throwing in a few pics of my veggie garden which is an in-progress project.

 

100_0784100_0785100_0795100_0773

100_0797100_0800

My yellow miniature is barely budding so it will come later.  Check out the Red Hot Poker – 1st pic is April 29  2nd is April 30 3rd Pic was taken a few minutes ago 5-4-14.  That is some serious growth.

Red Hot PokerIMG_2988100_0778

My azalea made it through a hard winter too and rewarded us nicely.  Along with the first blooming of the Red Dogwood I planted last spring.

 

100_0751100_0745

And lastly, my veggie garden in progress and a sneak peek at my Robin babies.  Didn’t want to disturb them or freak mom who was yelling at me from the fence, but I had to snap a quick one.

100_0780100_0779100_0777

No comments:

Post a Comment